Before you go, call your cellphone provider, buy an international data plan, and make sure they take off the block on international roaming. If you don’t have a cellphone with a map, I recommend you get one before your trip.
Then download the Venice Biennale ap from Christies for free. Zoom in on all the spots of the map before you go; the map will then be stored in memory for your trip.
Keep your phone on "airplane mode" except when you're using the map to navigate and when you're making calls, to minimize roaming charges.
Print everything and make yourself a little book so you aren't dependent on digital anything.
Tip from Debbie
Clearly illustrated information about the Biennale
Palazzo Mora, Palazzo Marcello
"Culture‧Mind‧Becoming" - exhibitionby a group of Chinese artists - aims to juxtapose the cultural impact, appropriation, reflection, and reinvention existing in the Chinese culture through the lens of globalization.
Emergency Pavilion: Rebuilding Utopia
Collateral Event of the 55th International Art Exhibition la Biennale di Venezia
Teatro Fondamenta Nuove
Cannaregio 5013, Venice
The title of the exhibition is Rebuilding Utopia with concepts acting as unifying threads that run through the curatorial proposition. The idea of utopia is about different ways of thinking about a better world, and how art can contribute to imagining such worlds.
Peggy Guggenheim Collection, Palazzo Venier dei Leoni, Dorsoduro 701 - Line 1, Salute stop
Robert Motherwell early collages
Who is Alice? Korea
- Address: Spazio Lightbox, Cannaregio, calle Fontana 3831. Transport: Line 1, Ca d'Oro
- Web: National Museum of Contemporary Art, Korea
- Opening hour: 10am - 6pm
- Closing day: Mondays (except for June 3 and November 18)
- Punta della Dogana, Campo della Salute 2, Transport: Line 1, Salute
- Web: Punta della Dogana
- Opening hour: Mon - Sun | 10am - 7pm Closing day: Tue
- Admission: 15 €, reduced 10 €
Reflection Center for Suspended Histories.
- New Gallery of the Romanian Institute for Culture and Humanistic Research
- Palazzo Correr (Campo Santa Fosca) Cannaregio 2214, 30121 Venice
- Opening hours:: 10:00 – 18:00 Closed on Mondays
The Salon of Everything
The Salon of Everything, a free-form philosophical forum for artists, curators, writers and thinkers on notions of otherness in contemporary art.
Il Palazzo di Everything
Serra dei Giardini
between the Giardini and the Arsenale
Viale Giuseppe Garibaldi, 1254
Castello 30122, Venice
from 29 May to 28 July
Tuesday to Sunday 10am to 8pm