Honoria's White Chili
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 boneless chicken braes or boneless thighs, chopped, or however much you want
- some chicken broth
- variety of fresh peppers including poblano, green, red, and however spicy you want it.
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 cans great Northern beans
- dollop of sour cream
- avocado slices on top
- chopped or sprigs of fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Squeeze of fresh lemon or lime
Put the olive oil in a heavy pot and throw in the cut onions, garlic, and peppers and herbs (cumin, oregano, cayenne). When onions are clear add the broth and beans. Cook for an hour. Add the chopped up chicken.
Cook about 1/2 hour or when you feel it is at peak flavor.
Put a blob of sour cream and a couple of slices of avocado on top. Put some chopped or sprigs of cilantro on top.
Squeeze lemon or lime over all.